I came up with what I believed to be eight achievable resolutions for the new year.
- Get organized: 2013 was a very unorganized year for me. My room was constantly a mess. My planner and notebooks were never set up properly. My desk was in disarray for two semesters. No wonder I had a rough time! Getting my space under control and in some sort of order will not only make my space easier to navigate, but will also help my peace of mind.
- Procrastinate less: This is probably where my biggest weakness lies. I need to manage my time more efficiently so I'm not trying to stuff all of my assignments in last minute. It's a stress I can eliminate to give myself an easier time as I try to finish out my time at college.
- Budget money: Since I will be graduating in the pretty near future, I really need to start saving up my money and spending what I do spend wisely. I'm going to be honest, turning 21 this year took a toll on my bank account. Smart spending and saving will really help me out in the future.
- Be braver: I'm going to be going into a lot of auditions once I graduate and if I want to be hired I'm going to need to dance and sing without holding anything back. I can only do this if I can get comfortable doing so in my classes. Also, I want to be brave on a daily basis. I'm going to do more of what I want, say more of what I want, and be more of who I want this year.
- Stay connected: Graduating is going to be tough because so many of my classmates are from all over the country and we'll all be heading in different directions. I really want to stay as close to them as I can. And since school is so far from home, I really want to stay in better communication with my family. I was a little distant this semester, wrapped up in my own world, and that's not what I was for 2014.
- Work hard: I want to work really hard in my classes this coming semester in hopes that I will be able to graduate come May. I also want to work hard in my dance classes so that I can be the best version of myself when I step out into the "real world."
- Stay in shape: At school I have not only the included gym attached to my dorm, but I have all of my dance classes that seriously keep my body in the great shape it's currently in. I don't want to put on weight or lose the flexibility I've got once I graduate. Along with this, I want to continue to drink more water and snack smarter.
- Learn to say “no”: I say "yes" to everyone and even though I love helping out my friends, the load I take on is unbearable. I need to realize that it's okay to put myself first and it's okay to say that I have a lot on my own plate that I need to worry about.
What are your resolutions for 2014? How do you plan to hold yourself accountable so that you accomplish your goals this year?
- Barnes & Noble - 2014 Weekly Planner 4x6 Leopard Print Flexi Engagement Calendar by Punctuate - Available in Stores
- Design Darling - Le Pen — Periwinkle - Currently Sold Out
- Babies 'R' Us - Pearhead Piggy Bank - Pink - $11.99
- Victoria's Secret PINK - Water Bottle - $14.50
- Lifeguard Press - Lilly Pulitzer Calculator in "Dirty Shirley" - $10.00
- MAC Cosmetics - Lady Danger - $15.00
- Lifeguard Press - Kate Spade New York Note Cards in "How the devil are you?" - $20.00