Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Something New: Resolutions for 2014

Generally, I'm pretty terrible at keeping up with my New Year's Resolutions. But this year I really want to set some achievable goals for myself and do my absolute best to reach them. I think posting them here will keep me accountable as well and I've heard that sharing your resolutions with others makes them more real and therefore you have more of a desire to accomplish them, especially when someone can now check on your progress.

I came up with what I believed to be eight achievable resolutions for the new year. 



  1. Get organized: 2013 was a very unorganized year for me. My room was constantly a mess. My planner and notebooks were never set up properly. My desk was in disarray for two semesters. No wonder I had a rough time! Getting my space under control and in some sort of order will not only make my space easier to navigate, but will also help my peace of mind.
  2. Procrastinate less: This is probably where my biggest weakness lies. I need to manage my time more efficiently so I'm not trying to stuff all of my assignments in last minute. It's a stress I can eliminate to give myself an easier time as I try to finish out my time at college.
  3. Budget money: Since I will be graduating in the pretty near future, I really need to start saving up my money and spending what I do spend wisely. I'm going to be honest, turning 21 this year took a toll on my bank account. Smart spending and saving will really help me out in the future.
  4. Be braver: I'm going to be going into a lot of auditions once I graduate and if I want to be hired I'm going to need to dance and sing without holding anything back. I can only do this if I can get comfortable doing so in my classes. Also, I want to be brave on a daily basis. I'm going to do more of what I want, say more of what I want, and be more of who I want this year.
  5. Stay connected: Graduating is going to be tough because so many of my classmates are from all over the country and we'll all be heading in different directions. I really want to stay as close to them as I can. And since school is so far from home, I really want to stay in better communication with my family. I was a little distant this semester, wrapped up in my own world, and that's not what I was for 2014.
  6. Work hard: I want to work really hard in my classes this coming semester in hopes that I will be able to graduate come May. I also want to work hard in my dance classes so that I can be the best version of myself when I step out into the "real world." 
  7. Stay in shape: At school I have not only the included gym attached to my dorm, but I have all of my dance classes that seriously keep my body in the great shape it's currently in. I don't want to put on weight or lose the flexibility I've got once I graduate. Along with this, I want to continue to drink more water and snack smarter.
  8. Learn to say “no”: I say "yes" to everyone and even though I love helping out my friends, the load I take on is unbearable. I need to realize that it's okay to put myself first and it's okay to say that I have a lot on my own plate that I need to worry about. 
What are your resolutions for 2014? How do you plan to hold yourself accountable so that you accomplish your goals this year?

Items featured:

No comments :

Post a Comment