Thursday, January 1, 2015

Resolutions for 2015

Hello everyone and happy new year! I can't believe that it's 2015! I'm still stuck in that funky way of thinking that ten years ago was 1990, when it was really 2005. That feels crazy to me. But anyway, I love the new year. I know it's cliché but the new year just feels like a fresh start, a chance to make moves towards goals and dreams I've been putting off.

Normally I come up with a resolution or two and forget about it after a couple of weeks, but not this year! This year I've come up with seven resolutions for 2015 and I plan to stick to them. I wrote them down and pasted them into my Smash Book (which will probably get a post of it's own in due time) in order to keep them ever present in my life. I have a really good feeling about 2015, and I plan to make sure it goes the way I'd like it to.
  1. Read more books – I don't know why I stopped, but I haven't read a book since the summertime. I used to be a really avid reader, starting in the third grade when I picked up my first Harry Potter novel. I really want to read more, both classic and current literature.
  2. Drink more water – I've realized how often I really am dehydrated and would like to take better care of my body. Plus, my outward appearance will thank me when my insides feel better.
  3. Get back into pilates – I was really into pilates this summer, specifically Cassey Ho's Pop Pilates. I'm not really trying to lose weight, but I'd love to tone my body into having some more muscle definition. Especially as I have auditions and start looking for work.
  4. Audition for all of it – I'm out of school now, and with that comes looking for jobs. Being a dancer, and like any profession really, I won't work if I don't put myself in situations where I can be hired. So I've decided that even if I don't feel like the job might be my best fit, I'll audition and make my presence known. 
  5. Learn to ask for help – I am so horrible at this. I get in my own head and think that I need to do it all alone, when I really have the most amazing family and support system around. I am so lucky and would really like to come to terms with the idea that we all need help from time to time. Asking for help isn't being weak and it's certainly not giving up.
  6. Even if it scares you, drive a car – This one might sound silly, seeing as I'll be 23 this year (WHAT), but I've never driven a car before. I think it's time I face my fear and do it.
  7. Have a "real" sleep schedule – Sleep is so important to living a healthy life, and my sleep schedule is all out of whack. I want to get myself in the habit of heading to bed at a more reasonable time and rising earlier.
It might look like a lot but I think, seeing as we have a whole twelve months, that these goals are absolutely achievable. What about you? Have you got any resolutions for 2015?

Again, happy new year everyone! 
Best of luck in 2015!



2 comments :