Sunday, October 11, 2015

OOTD: Sweater Weather



Outfit Details:
Sweater: Vintage {similar} ||  High Waisted Jeans: Hudson
Sneakers: Vans {similar} || Sunglasses & Jewelry: Forever 21 || Lipstick: Revlon Rum Raison


Finally fall is upon us and it's the most wonderful time of the year. The air is crisp, the leaves are falling, and dark, vampy lips are back in style. Hallelujah. There's nothing quite like a sweater for autumn and even the frumpiest of frocks can be chic when paired with a lean leg. This vintage sweater takes center stage in this desaturated look.

The sweater is something my mom dug out of our garage ages ago, and something I hadn't worn in ages, but I thought the cropped waist and turtle neck would pair nicely with the sleek high waisted jeans. These Hudson skinnies are actually a pair of miracle jeans. One morning I was on the train in Brooklyn and next thing I knew, I'd ripped my only black skinny jeans! I popped over to Century 21 that evening (after changing into something without a split down the backside) and found these beauties for near $30!

There's no outfit a pair of skinny jeans can't chic-up, in my opinion. Even with the plaid Vans sneakers, this look is both put together and comfortable. And the brown-red lip adds a touch of sophistication too!

I'm glad fall fashion is back! What about you? Are you sad to see your summer clothes go, or are you embracing the sweater weather?

Have a great start to your week!
Val

1 comment :